Phillips 66® Lubricants and Kendall® announced last Monday that it will add their most advanced diesel engine oils yet to their heavy-duty product portfolio. The company says these new 5W-30 full synthetic oils will deliver additional benefits to diesel trucks by increasing fuel savings without sacrificing engine protection. While 15W-40 and 10W-30 viscosity oils are common in on-the-road trucking, the industry is calling for lower viscosity oils that support the latest engine technologies to deliver maximum results, according to the company.
“The unique properties of this new generation of low viscosity oil will most benefit trucks rolling off the assembly lines this year and in the future,” said Tony Negri, commercial products director at Phillips 66. “In addition to improving fuel economy, the new oils extend oil change intervals, and provide the enhanced wear protection that our customers have come to expect.”
Shawn Ewing, coordinator product technical services-commercial at Phillips 66, added, “Phillips 66 is committed to developing oils that support OEMs’ advanced technology and modern engine design, reduce emissions and offer performance benefits to fleets. We’ve spent the past four years testing and formulating these four new products to ensure they meet and exceed specifications from the major OEMs.”
The new FA-4 5W-30 Phillips 66 Triton® FE and Kendall SHP® FE Diesel Engine Oils
- Are formulated with the highest quality synthetic base stocks and a proprietary low-SAPS additive system to provide outstanding engine protection in on-highway diesel engines specifying FA-4
- Are OEM certified for Cummins CES 20087 and Detroit Diesel DFS 93K223
- Contain an enhanced additive system that provides increased engine protection of critical engine parts, despite lower HTHS requirements of FA-4
- Have the potential to increase fuel economy by up to 3.0%
Proven Test Results for FA-4 5W-30 Phillips 66 Triton FE and Kendall SHP FE
- Class 8 fleet test vehicles using FA-4 5W-30 Phillips 66 Triton FE and Kendall SHP FE saw a 2% fuel economy improvement
- Ford Transit Class 6 test vehicles showed a 3.0% fuel economy improvement when using FA-4 5W-30
The new CK-4 5W-30 Phillips 66 Triton Euro and Kendall SHP Euro Diesel Engine Oils
- Meet API CK-4 performance requirements for use in modern low-emission engines designed to meet 2007 and later EPA on-highway exhaust emissions standards, and is backward serviceable for use in older diesel engines
- Meet ACEA E6, MB 228.51, CES 20086, DFS 93K222, and other OEM specifications
- Are specially formulated for compatibility with exhaust after-treatment systems using diesel particulate filters (DPF), diesel oxidation catalysts (DOC) and/or selective catalytic reduction (SCR)
- Are a full-synthetic formulation and SAE 5W-30 viscosity providing excellent low-temperature properties for better performance in harsh winter climates
Proven Test Results for CK-4 5W-30 Phillips 66 Triton Euro and Kendall SHP Euro
- Fleets using 5W-30 CK-4 Phillips 66 Triton Euro or Kendall SHP Euro 5W-30 could see up to a 1.5% fuel economy benefit, according to the company.
As one of the largest finished lubricants suppliers in the U.S., Phillips 66 Lubricants is known for manufacturing and marketing high-quality base oils and sophisticated formulations in three lubricant brands: Phillips 66®, Kendall® Motor Oil and Red Line® Synthetic Oil. These products reach across every key market sector, including automotive, trucking, agriculture, aviation, power generation, mining and construction.